Zoom-I-Net took over long distance service without permission

Washington, District Of Columbia 3 comments

This company (Zoom-I-Net) took over (actually changed our phone service through our phone company) one of our office phone lines, long distance service.Without consent, they contacted our phone company ATT and changed our long distance service on that line to them and then sent a bill through a another company ILD Teleservices for $140 for one month of long distance calls on that line.

I was lucky in that I noticed the amount of our bill was significantly higher than it should be and so I downloaded the complete bill to figure out why. I was able to have ATT change our service back and reject the charges before the money was auto-withdrawn from our account - so they did not succeed in stealing my money. They however could not provide a name or any type of proof that this was changed by someone in our office, they claimed it was obviously a telemarketing error. I am sure this is because I found out BEFORE they took my money - I doubt it would have gone as easily if I was trying to get money back from them.

BEWARE - there are no regulations that prevent companies from doing this to you - so check your bills or call your phone company and put a BLOCK on these types of changes which then requires you make the change in writing to your existing phone company BEFORE anyone can take over your phone or long distance services.

Review about: Long Distance Service.

*** Company

Zoom-i-Net Communications, Inc.

198 North Ridge Drive

Central Square, NY 13036

Phone:866-397-5882

Fax:866-397-5883

Email:

mail@zintelco.com

I just filed a compalaint with BBB for both Zoom net and "their " billing company ILD. Once I'll get a response I'll sue both for for attempting an ID theft. And ATT also, for not having an idea how all this can happen to their customers.

Zoom-I-Net Communications, Inc.sent a reply letter to my complaint signed by "Maria Gomez" but when I wrote the address on their letterhead back the post office returned my letter as undeliverable.

I called ZOOM and get this, they gave me a false address.

I tried to look it up on USPS.com and it doesn't exist.What a bunch of liars and thieves.

Zoom-I-Net - Changed our phone service w/out our permission

Council Grove, Kansas 1 comment

FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!

We have had the exact same thing happen.Centurylink, our local service, was kind enough to give as a the credit the first time it happened.

I was instructed to contact IDL and they gave me a confirmation number for the disconnect; it then took over a week to have the AT&T service restored. We were told the same thing from Zoom Net, then, it will take 7-10 days to get verification of who changed the service; knowing that we did not do it. Our bill was 235.00 but Century Link states that if the bill is not paid, then our service is in risk of being disconnected.

We told them we would be filing a complaint against them and they didn't seem to care!

Review about: Telephone Service.

contact company

Email:

mail@zintelco.com

Zoom-I-Net - Zoom I Net unauthorized switch

Columbus, Ohio 0 comments

Zoom I Net came in my long distance bill without my authority.

They do not want to drop the charges only reduce them.

When I asked them who I was speaking with on phone they told me I don't have to know; she refused to tell me.

They said it would take 7-10 days so they can prove that I am the one who authorized the change.

My regular long distance carrier was and is still active and it is three tiems less expensive then Zoom I Net.

Why does AT&T allow these things? I am pissed.

Review about: Long Distance Service.

Zoom-I-Net - Fraudulent plan change

Austin, Texas 0 comments

This company-- Zoom-I-Net- t3lephone Number (866) 545 - 1689 changed my long distance plan from AT&T without my consent.When I contacted them they could not provide me with the name my account was under or any historical data.

Their customer service representative mentioned that their telemarketers made switches when they contact homes. I requested a copy of the tape that acknowledges conversation (because long distance agreements are regulated by the federal government) and they could not provide it because it never happened. This is a Fraudulent company.

Customers must be very cautious and check billing details regularly.

Review about: Long Distance.

Zoom-i-net

Southfield, Michigan 0 comments

by the way, i posted here earlier.I am the one that posted the adress and phone number and the guy's name (mike cruz) 1-866-545-1689 and the extension is 2906.

i got a hold of him and gave him an ear full. he took me off and bitched at him for even putting me on. if you do some research on this phony company, you'll come to find out that the state of wisconsin brought a case against them and so did the fcc in washington d.c. i pulled up the details on the internet if you look hard enough you'll find it.

so when i when i did get a hold of him i had a lot of law lingo to throw at him. maybe it scared him a little but he took it off.

see if it works for you.

Review about: Customer Service.

Zoom-i-nett

Southfield, Michigan 0 comments

i am having the same problem.i got an address.

198 North Ridge Drive, Central Square, NY 13036

I found out that there is a head guy named Mike Cruz. I have at&t also. I don't have a long distance plan since i use my cell to call long distance. next thing you know i see a zoom-i-net comm.

charging me for $6.51. I never even authorized it. so then i went off on at&t and they gave me the run around. Then i called ILD telservices because that is what the letterhead had on it.

and they seem like a scam company too. But an hour later of yelling and cursing i got that info which i typed up top.

lets see where we can go with it.

Review about: Long Distance.

Zoom-I-Net - Slammed/Crammed with Multiple Charges

New York, New York 0 comments

In the first month of having a new phone number, Zoom-i-Net hit me with 4 fraudulent charges for a long-distance service I did not order. In my mind, that they charged me 4 times in one month for what is described on my bill as a monthly service is clear evidence that these charges are fraudulent.

I was able to reach them a couple of times, however. After multiple calls, I have obtained credits for 3 of the 4 charges. But, 6 months later, I am still trying to get the credit for the last charge. They gave me a confirmation number, but I have to wonder if they just made it up.

What has really pissed me off, though, is that I just spent 20 minutes on hold, then someone picked up the phone and promptly hung up without saying a word. Unbelievable. Someone has got to stop these guys.

Zoom-I-Net - Zoom I Net-Comm

Brownsville, Texas 10 comments

I have no idea who Zoom-I-Net-Comm is nor how they were able to make themselves my long distance provider without my authorization. I am especially perplexed since I have ( or, rather, HAD) an unlimited calling plan through AT&T that I have been very happy with for years. Today I find myself opening a third letter from AT&T telling me that my new carrier is these heartless bozos whom have already promised me that they have terminated my account.

I have never seen such ridiculous rates in my life and now calls that were virtually free under my original plan with AT&T cost me more than twice as much. When I spoke to the clowns at Zoom-I- Net-Comm and requested proof of my authorizing any switch, they gave me the run-around and told me not to worry since they were taking off all charges anyway. Three months and hundreds in charges later, I find myself in the same situation I was in on the dreadful day that I learned about these ***-artists.

It is interesting to note that once you have waited the thirty-or-so minutes to speak to a human being (and I use those words loosely) at Zoom, the volume drops to an almost impeceivable hiss. This makes it very difficult to hear what is being said on their side of the call.

Review about: Phone Service.

Brownsville, Texas, United States #775122

I had the same problem.I reported them to the Public Utility Commission of Texas and they went after them and my money was returned. But AT&T makes the most money..They charge you to disconnect their services, don't have to provide ur long distance and then they charge u to reconnect..Multiply that by thousands and what do you get..AT&T should never let unauthorized 3rd party hackers in our account!!!!

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States #655338

I called AT&T asked them why Zoom was allowed to change my long distance plan

without my permission.AT&T could not give me answer.

I had AT&T switch me back.

Call Zoom and told the operator they had switched our phone service without out permission. She responds we have a recording and would take for 7 to 10 days for me to hear it as to who authorized the change. I said that impossible you not have a recording of us making the change. I told her I was taking legal action and she calls the billing Dept and billing dept.

reverses the charges.:upset and pissed..

Zoom-I-Net Comm lied to me about their authorization, said "somebody" at my house okayed the switch over. No way - we were happy with what we had, they were very rude on the phone when I called to request information and get the charges reversed.

great deal for ATT,COX and others telephon company.how can we stop this?.

FRAUD!!!!I got the bill this week on my AT&T bill.

500.00 more than usual because of this *** FAKE company. I already put in a claim to the business bureau a bit ago. I talked for an hour with this PENDEJOS!!! and they are so rapeing people including myself.

I am pissed at AT&T for allowing this after I have been their client for 20 YEARS, I am pissed at ILD TELESERVICES, INC.for helping this company do this and I am mostly PISSED at ZOOM I NET COMM for this Fraud.

Cine, Aydin, Turkey #240356

wow!!seriously!

500.00 for my phone bill?? that is right on ridiculous!!

either someone do something about this, or i will, and it will NOT be pretty...:(

I too was switch without my authorization.I am pissed also.

I still had my original long distance in service when they billed me. I called and asked who I was talking to. She said I did not have to know who it was.

She said I have to wait 7-10 for proof that I authorized their service.I know I did not authorize it.

has anyone started a fraud complaint form against this company???

Novopavlovsk, Stavropol, Russian Federation #25288

I'm with you in this one.

How dare do they include themselves in my bill without my authorization?

How dare att permits this or allow their name to be dampen by such malpractices.

East Richmond Heights, California, United States #19645

zoom i net is the worse phone company, i was happy with att and out of nowhere i get this really high charges coming from them, and when i tried to call them, i wait for hours and nobody answers. :(

View more comments

Zoom-I-Net - Double & Triple Charges on my phone bill

Locust Dale, Virginia 2 comments

I am a very upset with zoom-i-net because you'll swithched my long distance with out my permission and I have told you'll and told you'll that I did not give permission for you'll to do that.I want my account credited within the next week or I am going to report you'll to the Public Utility Commission and then we will see who will be trouble with what you'll are doing.

No telling who else you'll have done this too.One way or another I will win.

Irma Galindo

Review about: Phone Bill.

Levels, West Virginia, United States #11343

I am on hold with them RIGHT NOW because I was HUNG UP ON by their customer service representative. The one I was saddled with was totally incompetent and when I asked why it was taking her so long to give me an answer she asked why I was being mean!

YOUR COMPANY SLAMMED my PHONE without my permission and you want to know why I AM MEAN???

Ohh btw, their DIRECT DIAL PHONE NUMBER IS: 866-545-1689

Olympia, Washington, United States #11069

I am facing the same situation right now and cannot find their customer service number or their website. I beleive this is a *** and I cant resolve this *** issue and verizon is not helping either. This is very frustrating.